This in-depth practical two-day training course is part of a series of courses on power cables, consisting of a general three-day course, Power cables in general and several in-depth two- and three-day courses, providing more detailed information on the following topics:
- Ampacity and engineering aspects of power cables
- Ageing, quality assurance, testing, diagnostics and failures of power cables
- Asset management, maintenance and remaining life of power cables
If you would like to participate in this training, but you cannot or do not want to travel for certain reasons, you can also join the entire live classroom training as a remote participant.
On request, Energy Academy can also provide an in-house training course in English or Dutch (content, location and duration of the course can be adapted to the client’s wishes). Please contact us for more information.
- Quality assurance
- Lab testing for production
- Field testing for commissioning
- Lab testing for service aged cables
- Field testing for service aged cables
- Failure investigations
In some cases, a visit to the KEMA High Power and High Voltage laboratory may be part of the training program.
Anyone involved (or to be involved) with power cables in the course of their daily work. It is recommended that the participants hold at least a Bachelor of Engineering degree or have a certain foreknowledge of power cables. The Power cables in general course is a recommended preparation, but not a requirement.
Next to underground power cable courses, DNV GL also offers three courses in the field of HVDC and submarine power cables: